The common cold
It has been known for hundreds of years that raw honey can help to aid the recovery from a common cold. This is because raw honey is said to contain antioxidant, antibacterial and antimicrobial qualities. It is also known to boost the immune system and sooth an irritated throat. Below is a list of ways you can use raw honey to help with recovery from that pesky cold!
1. Honey, Lemon & Ginger
- Slice a lemon into 4 pieces and place into a small jar (empty Bee Mercy jar is perfect)
- Grate a knob of ginger and place into the jar.
- Add enough honey to fill the jar and mix.
- Let it soak for a few hours and add one teaspoon to a luke warm water.
- Drink once in the morning and once in the evening
Keep the solution refrigerated between uses.
2. Honey gargle
Yes, you can use honey to gargle and relieve that sore throat.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon into a glass of luke warm water.
- Add a teaspoon of raw honey and mix.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Gargle the solution.
Disclaimer: This information is provided as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. It is believed to be accurate based on the best judgment of the author. However, you as the reader must be responsible for consulting with your own health professional on matters raised within. We, Mercy Foods ltd will not accept responsibility for the actions or consequential results of any action taken by any reader.